Páginas

terça-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2011

Bhagavad Gita 4:17 Jnana Yoga The yoga of Knowledge, O Yoga do Conhecimento


karmano hy api boddhaya
boddhavyam ca vikarmanah
akarmanas ca boddhavyam
gahanã karmano gatih

Even karma ( enjoined by scriptures) is to be known. Vikarma and akarma must also be known because the nature of karma is misterious ( difficult to understand). (17)

 O preciso karma (ordenado pelas escrituras), deve ser conhecido. Vikarma e akarma também devem ser conhecidos porque a natureza do karma é misteriosa (difícil de entender). (17)

"Quem sou eu?"
"Além do corpo e a mente finitos brilha a alma infinita, pura e sempre livre"

"Who am I?"
"Besides the finite mind and body, infinite soul shines, pure andforever free"


Atma Shatakam / Shatakam Nirvana

 Adi Shankara 

788-820 ac


It is a shloka in six stanzas written by Adi Sankara summarising the basic teachings of Advaita Vedanta.The speaker of the poem is Lord Shiva.

É um shloka em seis estrofes escritas por Adi Sankararesumindo os ensinamentos básicos de Advaita Vedanta. O orador do poema é o Senhor Shiva.

Paramahamsa  Prajnanananda Marahaj
 Meu amado Gurudev Paramahamsa Prajananananda , em 2003  falou sobre este lindo poema em  um retiro que conduziu,  cujo tema era: "Quem sou eu?" . Aqui no Brasil, o grupo o Instituto Kriya Yoga de São Paulo   fez  um retiro com este tema ,  em Março de 2007 , conduzido por Yogacharya  Miguel Baba. O discurso do nosso Mestre Prajnananandaji  foi traduzido pela   kriyavan  Denise Gomes e à partir deste texto fizemos nossas reflexões intercalando com a prática de meditação.

My beloved Gurudev Paramahamsa Prajananananda in 2003talked about this beautiful poem that resulted in a retreat, whosetheme was: "Who am I?". Here in Brazil, the group the Kriya YogaInstitute of St. Paul made a retreat with this theme in March 2007, led by Miguel Yogacharya Baba. Speaking of our Master Prajnananandaji , was translated by Denise Gomeskriyavan and from this text, we made our reflections interspersed with meditation practice.


Quem sou eu?
"Além do corpo e a mente finitos brilha a alma infinita, pura e sempre livre"
"Who am I?"
"Besides the finite mind and body, infinite soul shines, pure andforever free"


Nirvana Shaktam : Shaktam= 6 versos Nirvana= Paz Interior, Silêncio Interior , Estado sem respiração, Iluminação ou Libertação,  ( Ni= Livre de      Vana = Maré;  Vana= flecha; Vana = Respiração)

Nirvana Shaktam  : Shakta = 6 verses, Nirvana= Inner Peace, Inner Silence, State breathless, Enlightenment or Liberation (Ni  = free from , Vana= tide  , Vana,  = arrow; Vana = Breathing)


"Nossa vida é como um oceano: existem ondas , marés em nossa vida interior e no mundo exterior"
"Our life is like an ocean: there are waves, tides in our lives insideand the outside world"


"Nirvana = ausência de maré, ausência de ondas, estado de tranquilidade, calmaria, paz!"
"Nirvana = no tide, no waves, a state of tranquility, calmness,peace!"



"Nirvana = estado de silêncio interior .  Sem pensamento e sem fala"
"Nirvana = state of inner silence. Without thought and withoutspeech"



"O Karma é conhecido como Vana, flecha , tudo o que fazemos enquanto seres vivos,  deixa uma impressão , fica armazenada em nós como um semente que tem a potência de uma flecha"
"Karma is known as Vana, arrow, everything we do while living,leaves an impression on us is stored as a seed that has thepower of an arrow"

O karma ou esta flecha se manifesta de tres formas
The karma, this arrow is manifested in three ways

"Flechas que já foram lançadas - sobre as quis não temos controle"
Aceite, não rejeite. O que está feito está feito. O que passou, passou!
"O Passado está morto, enterre o passado"

"Arrows that have been previously released - on the wanted we have no control"
Accept, not reject. What's done is done. What happened, happened!
"The Past is dead, bury the past"


Flechas que estão em nossas mãos - sobre as quais temos controle
" podemos controlar nossas ações , ou aquilo que dará frutos no futuro"
" Se a flecha que está nas nossas mãos  não for controlada ela será lançada erroneamente"
" sejamos cuidadosos agora, observemos nossos pensamentos e sentimentos aqui e agora . Observemos nossa respiração sempre"
Vamos refletir a todo momento; quem sou eu?


"We can control our actions, or what will bear fruit in the future"
"If the arrow that is in our hands is not controlled it will bereleased erroneously"
"Be careful now, we observe our thoughts and feelings here and now. always observe our breath"
Let us reflect at all times, who am I?


 Flechas na aljava São as flechas que estão atrás, , ao karma  que dará frutos em um futuro distante, seja bom ou ruim.
" podemos ter o absoluto controle sobre estas flechas , destruir  as ruins e guardar as boas."

Arrows in the quiver are the arrows that are behind, at the karmathat will pay dividends far into the future, whether good or bad.
"we can have absolute control over these arrows, destroying theevil and save the good."


Vana é respiração: inspiração é vana expiração é vana
Vana is breathing: inspiration is vana  expiration is vana


"A respiração é o que temos de mais valioso"
A respiração pode trazer ansiedade ou paz. Podemos controlar nossa respiração e utilizá-la com amor e em sintonia com a consciência divina"

"The breath is what we hold most valuable"
The breath can bring peace or anxiety. We can control our breathand use it with love and in harmony with the divine consciousness"


Nirvana é a ausência de respiração , o estado de meditação profunda quando não há respiração, em completa tranquilidade, o corpo a respiração e a mente estão descansando"

Nirvana is the absence of breathing, the state of deep meditationwhen there is no breath in complete peace of mind, body, breath and mind are resting "


Nirvana


O quarto significado de  Nirvana é Libertação

Que tipo de vida eu tenho vivido?
Qual é a qualidade de nossa vida? 
Como estamos vivendo?

The fourth meaning of Nirvana's Liberation

What kind of life I have lived?
What is the quality of our lives?
How are we living?



"A vida de Adi Shankara foi uma vida de realização e plenitude, e também repleta de problemas. A vida significa problemas, não fujam de seus problemas, se você tem uma função a cumprir, cumpra-a

"The life of Adi Shankara was a life of fulfillment andcompleteness, and also full of problems. Life means trouble, do not escape from their problems, if you have a mission, fulfill it.



Six Pada on Nirvana


manobuddhyahaṃkāra cittāni nāhaṃ
na ca śrotrajihve na ca ghrāṇanetre
na ca vioma bhūmir na tejo na vāyuḥ
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham

I am not mind, wisdom, pride, and heart. Neither I am ear and tongue nor I am nose and eyes. Neither I am sky or earth nor I am power or wind. I am the eternal happiness or bliss state, I am Shiv, I am Shiv.||1||

Eu não sou a mente, sabedoria, orgulho e coração. Nem eu sou a orelha e a língua, nem sou o nariz e olhos. Nem eu sou céu ou a a terra, nem eu sou poder ou vento. Eu sou a felicidade eterna, ou estado de felicidade, eu sou Shiva, eu sou Shiva.





na ca praṇasajño na vai paṃcavāyuḥ
na vā saptadhātur na vā paṃcakośaḥ
na vākpāṇipādaṃ na copasthapāyu
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham

I am not the state of being alive or the five type of Vayu. Neither I am the seven elements constituting the body (Dhatu) nor I am the five sheaths which invest the soul. Neither I am voice, hand, or leg nor I am the portion at the bottom of waist (anus or Linga). I am the eternal happiness or bliss state, I am Shiv, I am Shiv.||2||

Eu não sou o estado de estar vivo ou do os cinco tipos de Vayu ( ar) . Nem sou os sete elementos que constituem o corpo (Dhatu), nem sou os cinco invólucros que revestem a alma. Nem  sou a voz, a  mão, perna ou nem eu sou a parte na parte inferior da cintura (ânus ou genitais ). Eu sou a felicidade eterna, ou estado de felicidade, eu sou Shiva, eu sou Shiva.




na me dveşarāgau na me lobhamohau
mado naiva me naiva mātsaryabhāvaḥ
na dharmo na cārtho na kāmo na mokşaḥ
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham

I am not the state of envy and passion or the emotions of greed and attachment. Neither I am intoxication nor I am the emotion of jealousy. And I am not even the four Purushartha — Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha. I am the eternal happiness or bliss state, I am Shiv, I am Shiv.||3||


Eu não sou o estado de inveja e paixão, as emoções da cobiça e do apego. Nem sou a intoxicação nem sou a emoção do ciúme. E eu não sou as  quatro Purushartha  - Dharma,Artha, Kama e Moksha. Eu sou a felicidade eterna, ou estado de felicidade, eu sou Shiva, eu sou Shiva.



na puṇyaṃ na pāpaṃ na saukhyaṃ na dukhyaṃ
na mantro na tīrthaṃ na vedā na yajña
ahaṃ bhojanaṃ naiva bhojyaṃ na bhoktā
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham

I am not Punya (good deed), Paap (Sin), Saukhya (friendship), or Dukha (Grief). Neither I am chants (Mantra) or Shrine (Teertha) nor I am the Veda or the sacrifice and oblation. Also, I am not the food, or the one that should be eaten, or the eater. I am eternal happiness or bliss state, I am Shiv, I am Shiv.||4||

Eu não sou Punya (boa ação), Paap (pecado), Saukhya (amizade),ou dukha (luto). Nem sou cânticos (mantra), ou Santuários (Teertha), nem eu sou o Veda ou o sacrifício e a oblação. Além disso, eu não sou a comida, ou o que deve ser comido, ou o comedor. Eu sou a felicidade eterna, ou estado de felicidade, eu sou Shiva, eu sou Shiva.|



na me mṛtyuśaṃkā na me jātibhedaḥ
pitā naiva me naiva mātā na janmaḥ
na bandhur na mitraṃ gurunaiva śişyaḥ
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham

Neither I am the fear of death nor I am the difference between races. Neither I am [any relation like] father, mother, nor I am born. Also, I am not a relative, a friend, a teacher (Guru), or a student (Shisya). I am the eternal happiness or bliss state, I am Shiv, I am Shiv.||5||

Nem eu sou o medo da morte, nem sou a diferença entre as raças. Nem eu sou [nenhuma relação tais como o] pai, mãe, eu  nem  nasci. Além disso, eu não sou um parente, um amigo, um professor (Guru), ou um aluno (Shisya). Eu sou a felicidade eterna, ou estado de felicidade, eu sou Shiva, eu sou Shiva


ahaṃ nirvikalpo nirākāra rūpo
vibhutvāca sarvatra sarveṃdriyāṇaṃ
na cāsangata naiva muktir na meyaḥ
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham

I am free from changes, and lack all the qualities and form. I envelope all forms from all sides and am beyond the sense-organs. I am always in the state of equality — there is no liberation (Mukti) or captivity (Bandha). I am the eternal happiness or bliss state, I am Shiv, I am Shiv.||6||

Eu sou livre das mudanças, e  a falta  de todas as qualidades e formas .Eu  envolvo  todas as formas de todos os lados e estou além dos órgãos dos sentidos. Estou sempre no estado de igualdade - não há libertação (Mukti) ou cativeiro (Bandha). Eu sou afelicidade eterna, ou estado de felicidade, eu sou Shiva, eu souShiva.


Poet: Adi Shankaracharya



 Nossos Instrumentos Internos
Our Internal Instruments


Mana= Mente

"A mente é um conjunto de desejos e pensamentos, eu não sou a minha mente , se eu desejo mudar a minha vida preciso mudar a minha mente também"



"O homem é um animal pensante. Nós pensamos demais, nossos pensamentos são um turbilhão. temos que tomar cuidado com o padrão dos nossos pensamentos!Ao invés de usarmos nossa mente , nossa mente é que nos usa!"

A mente é um instrumento dado a mim , é um presente de Deus, é uma combinação de pensamentos.

Eu estou usando a mente, mas eu não sou a mente 

Mana = Mind
"The mind is a set of desires and thoughts, I am not my mind, if Iwant to change my life need to change my mind too"
"Man is a thinking animal. We think too much, our thoughts are awhirlwind. have to be careful with the pattern of our thoughts:Instead of using our mind, our mind is that we use!
The mind is an instrument given to me, is a gift from God, is acombination of thoughts.

I'm using the mind, but I am not the mind



O intelecto é a faculdade da decisão , ele é superior á mente discrimina o certo e o errado e ajuda a decidir . O intelecto pode pensar da melhor forma.
Eu tenho um intelecto , mas eu não sou o intelecto.

The intellect is the faculty's decision, it is superior to thediscriminating mind right from wrong and helps you decide. Theintellect can think best.
I have an intellect, but I am not the intellect.


O Ego nos associa com corpo, genero, idade, cor da pele, nacionalidade, idioma, cultura, religião e nos torna individualistas, cegos para a vida real"
"O ego não é bom nem ruim. Se você deseja realmente ser livre, reduza o ego a zero ou expanda-o ao infinito"
Eu estou usando o Ego, mas eu não sou o Ego

The Ego in association with the body, gender, age, skin color, nationality, language, culture, religion and individualism makes us blind to real life "
"The ego is neither good nor bad. If you really want to be free, reduce the ego to zero or expand it to infinity"

I'm using the Ego, but I'm not the Ego

Chitta = Memória
"A memória é formada interiormente através das experiências, acontecimentos, e tudo o que percebemos através dos sentidos e da mente . 
"Tudo aquilo que tem algum significado para nós permanece em nós como memória"
Eu tenho uma memória, mas eu não sou minha memória
  
Chitta = Memory
"The memory is formed internally through the experiences,events, and everything we perceive through the senses and mind.
"Everything has some meaning for us as we remain in memory"
I have a memory, but I am not my memory

"Quem sou eu?"
"Além do corpo e a mente finita brilha a alma infinita, pura e sempre livre"

"Who am I?"

"Besides the finite mind and body, infinite soul shines, pure andforever free"

Jai Gurudev!